Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 12 February 2008

Let's Get Together

I wanted to send a card to an old friend I haven't seen for ages,
to suggest meeting up for a coffee and lunch - another New Year resolution, to try and keep up with friends more. I came up with this, the mug is cut from Joys of the Season at 3 1/2", the 'let's get together' stamp is a dollar bin find from the US and the paper I used was HOTP. I thought the tiny flowers looked just like a china mug, so I put loads of diamond glaze over it, and I am quite pleased with the way it looks, just like the real thing! The only trouble is, it's so shiny it was difficult to photograph. All the cardstock is Bazzill.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog.
    I've just had a look at your work and it's fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i LOVE this!! so what's diamond glaze??? thanks for the visit and comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diamond glaze is a clear liquid glue that dries hard, you can use it to stick stuff down, or as I have here to coat something, giving it a hard shiny finish - looks good on ladybirds, flowers, all sorts of things, and it's so easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glossy look on the cup.....this is a gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I think I will try that....

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOnderful Envys, love the idea of the diamond glaze, I am always worried about using it over a large area incase it curls. I tend to use Glossy Accents, is diamond glaze better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! This is beautiful! I love the way you made that teacup look like China. That paper is definately "teacup paper". The glazing is perfect. I've only used Glossy Accents. I get the same curling Sadie B mentioned when I do larger spaces. What's your secret?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadie and Beth, I find if I use diamond glaze quite liberally, let it dry, then I put a book or something with a bit of weight in it on top of the image for a couple of hours, and that gets rid of any curling - when you take the weight off, the image is
    totally flat.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x