Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 10 September 2009

Birthday Cake

While I had my Pooh and friends cartridge out the other day I thought I would have a stab at cutting the birthday cake. It looked a bit flat so I cuttled the top with divine swirls, and inked the edges of the cream card


The little sentiment, which is a clear dome sticker by Papermania reads
"Here's to another year of eating cake everyday"
Now I have a LOT of girlfriends who would think this was the perfect card for them!

The packing continues, which means the whole house is in a state of utter chaos. I escaped down into town for a coffee, and, you've guessed it, my 'friend' who is' under the psychiatrist' asked if he could share my table.....
NO I wanted to scream, I have problems of my own, (luckily not of the psychiatrist variety, just dealing with the coat hangers is enough for me) but of course I smiled weakly and escaped just after he told me in detail about the day centre he attends. Will the same thing be happening in Dunkin Donuts? Wait and see........................................

I have had quite a few enquiries about what type of silicone glue I use, I found a brand called Pinflair which is great, it comes with it's own little syringe, which makes me feel quite surgical as I deftly squirt it on, and is a great consistency. Some of the brands are so stiff you can hardly get it out of the tube. I do find it a great alternative to foam pads when you are layering tiny pieces onto a card. Do a Google search for stockists, I got it online from Craftwork Cards in the UK

25 comments:

  1. ooh yum yum En what a delicious card! I love it.
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good enough to eat. I love the d'vine swirls icing. You're going to have to start going out in disguise girl! hugs, eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card and love your humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that cake.. and I so love your little stories... wish you were coming to CA...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I didn't know that cut was on that cart....maybe I have 2 many cartridges? naaaaa
    Love how you embossed it....beautifly done!
    Thank you soooo very much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love I know you have to be sooo busy.
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yum yum ~could just eat it right now ~mind you my birthday cake was all chocolte!!
    delightful card ~love it!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card En and I love the design and colours.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Enfys! This is my kind of card...cake everyday...LOL! You did such a great job on it, it looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card En, looks truely delish. The D;vine swirls looks like just like hand applied icing.

    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  10. one yummie card love the soft colours of it.
    bye bye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the card and I love the idea of birthday cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOO, I love this cake .. looks yummy. and thanks for the glue tip. Also, thanks for coming by my blog and leaving me some love the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Start faking a hearing problem. LOL

    Your card is adorable. I love the texture you added to the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cake AND pink! i love you!!!! LOL.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't even like cake and this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My hubby would love to have cake every day!!! Especially if it were chocolate fudge cake or funfetti cake (vanilla with vanilla icing). YUMMMM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning cards Enys over the past few posts. haven't been on much the last week o so. Gorjus, gorjus, gorjus !

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy card, is it to early to eat cake - it's 8am - yes I suppose it is!!! Have a good trip.
    xxxeileen

    ReplyDelete
  19. love what you did with the cake En..looks good enough to eat....have fun with the packing and yes pinflair is the best silicone glue in the world......hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a yummy cake, love the embossed swirls.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enfys this looks good enough to eat. Lovin the colours and the swirl emboss is perfect.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is beautiful En! I've never even looked at that cake. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy card I can almost taste that lovely cake
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x