Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

I haven't done the Penny Black challenge for the longest time, but I am loving this sketch (see below)


This is another stamp that I totally forgot I had, I really must have a good sort out one of these days






These papers by WeR Memory Keepers are among my favourites, so bright and cheerful





Papers - WeR Memory Keepers 'over the rainbow'


Stamp - PB 'Gone Shopping'


Sentiment stamp - hero arts


Nesties - mega curved rectangle, and scalloped oval


Copics - face E00, E02, RV13
Hair Y13
Dress and Bags YG23, YG 13, RV06, B93
Shadow - Prismacolour cool grey 10%

I have started putting the numbers of the Copic markers I use down, I don't know if it will help anybody. I have more emails about Copics than anything else. I am no expert - I would love to do a Copic course, and you will see that I have supplemented the markers with some Prismacolour markers that you can buy in Michaels, so when they are on sale, I stock up - I use the cool grey 10% all the time to add a shadow around a stamped image. They are alcohol based inks as well, so work perfectly well with the Copics. I have a mixture of sketch (the oval ones) and Ciao (round), the Ciao are cheaper, they don't hold as much ink, but they are both refillable and have the same nibs. I prefer the sketch, only because they have the number stamped on the cap, so it saves a lot of rummaging for colours. I am going to try Promarkers to build up my colours as well, they are more reasonable and seem to give lovely results.
If you are just starting off down the Copic road, my best advice would be to look online for the best deals, and buy shades that look pastel to start with, you can get a depth of colour by going over the colour you lay down first with the same marker, to add shadows.
Another question I get asked is how I store them. I have a round kitchen utensil holder from The Pampered Chef, it's on a turntable so just swivels round, and has compartments so that I can keep each colour family together. If I remember, I will take a photo of it tomorrow......
Seriously fed up with the white stuff now, I went to the dentist yesterday. 'Oh my' he said, as I rolled in like the michelin man, 'you are well wrapped up against the cold'. Honestly, it took me more time to take off enough layers to sit in the chair, than it took him to scale and polish my teeth.


23 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on the Copics. I am itching to get some, but I'm spend so little time in my craft room right now that I'm not sure I can justify it.

    Love the card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Spring is almost here, at lest that is what I tell myself :). This is a fun and fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, Enfys,
    I love the essence of the spider legs, and the paper is really class.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute or what....love this funky image and those gorgeous papers....hope you are coping with our winter....it's a real pain now...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...big hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card hun, and fabulous bright, zingy colours. Love it. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute stamp! Must start stamping more! Yep the white stuff is turning into the grey/black stuff and not as great for pics and still giving me hassle trying to drive in it! Thanks goodness for crafting 'n' blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Enfys,i love your image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder how much stuff all of us have that we have forgotten about, I think we all need to have a good sort out every now and then.

    Your card is fun and looks like she has had a good shopping spree. Great colours.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fab, brilliant image and love the spring colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch lovely card.
    bye bye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that stamp! The card is so bright and cheery. It would make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous , girly card ~beautifully made!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect card to brighten up these gloomy winter days, it is raining cats and dogs here again. Great image, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Enfys thats one stunning card, love the image and youve coloured it so beautifully. WEll done with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I'll bet you have a brighter smile! I've gone down the copic path too. But probably won't go much further, as my coloring isn't the best. It's just not my thing, I guess. So I'd rather spend my $ to get things I love to use. Like, flowers, ribbons, or brads! I hope your weather improves soon. (ours too!) It's been really cold here for over a week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card Enfys. I love how you added the info on the copic colors. It is a great help.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Enfys, another cute cute card.. I love how you are putting the colors of the copics on your blog and what a great idea of using the pampered chef turnaround for a holder... you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh super cute such a wonderful cheery card too love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great funky card Enfys - love the fab girly image and bright colours. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enfys, this is so very cute!! I love it, can I go out and come home like that???
    Hugs!
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a cute image and yummy colors, En! Great job with the sketch! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Enfys, you have another super card. I love this cartridge. The colours you have picked are great. Well done with all the magazine work. Carol in Yorkshire
    I have not figured out how to log onto the google site yet! Oh, technology...........

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x