Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Thursday 7 July 2011

A taste of Spain..........



The worst thing about having friends coming back from a holiday is that you have to sit through the holiday snapshots - well, you didn't think you were going to get away did you?

Here is the pool of the villa, where I spent a lot of time floating about on that inflatable armchair, reading my book...........................that white wall on the left was the one that the late, unlamented rat family used as their exercise bar......
this gorgeous Bougainvillea grew up one wall, and the petals used to drift into the pool - so pretty
I love the way all the roofs in Spain are tiled in these terracotta domed tiles..........
and they use ceramic tiles a lot as well, look at the gorgeous blue tiled dome of this church, in a little town called Altea
something else I love, the way trees are planted to form shady avenues for you to walk along......
We had a fair bit of Sangria...............
look at these gorgeous pots, drying in the sun, and just crying out to be splashed with bright slashes of colour.......................
I wonder how passion fruit tastes when it is dried? I bet it is a very intense flavour..............
The mountain scenery was spectacular
I am always very taken with the lamps attached to buildings, that often take the place of boring lamposts.........
This is a view from the top of a hill village called Guadalest. The water is a reservoir, and yes, it really was that colour
The sandals and everything else are unpacked, I will be back at my craft table tomorrow, see you then

22 comments:

  1. What gorgeous shots! I love seeing peoples pictures, but seldom show ours. Of course since hubby is a photographer we have a LOT of pictures. Your's are just gorgeous!
    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. I would never tire of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos. I'm sure it was a trip to remember always! Love those amp posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures - just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also just came back from Spain... I love it!
    Thanks for showing your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, reminds me of a trip to Majorca many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well you have just brought a load of memories flooding back for me Enfys, I lived with a family just outside Altea about 18 years ago when I was au pairing for them.
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pics Enfys, the church roof is stunning. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Enfys, I am not surprised by your gorgeous photos to match your wonderful crafting abilities. You have a great eye for color and unique photos. I love the attached lamp--it looks like a crown on top. I loved the tree growing out of the mountainside, and the beautiful church roof. I remember all the clay rooftops from my trip to Spain many years ago when I was single. Thanks for drifting me back to wonderful memories....thanks for sharing! -Barb-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful!! I'm not really a drinker but I had a glass of Blackberry Sangria in a restaurant. OH MY GOD!! If you ever see it on a menu try it. It's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos. But I do hope you'll take a photo of those sandals you brought back and share it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! I enjoyed looking at them because I'll probably never get there to see those things for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures I am so glad you had a lovely time even with the rat and the weight of all those sandals.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been wondering where in Spain you have been staying; now I know that you can't have been far away from me here in Calpe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your pictures of the local scenery. I spent a couple of days in Spain years ago and loved it. My husband had the only camera then since they didn't have "point and shoot" ones then. His pictures are pretty boring! I'm so glad you had a great holiday. Hope you are rested up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful photos, Enfys. thanks so much for sharing. I love to look at photos and hear the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your photos make me want to go to Spain. I get such a kick out of the crown on the light. The hilltop photo is just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh En, I just love the mountain scenery! But I'll probably never get to spain, so .....more please! lol I always love it when people's blogs have travel pix. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi En

    Beautiful pictures ... all gorgeous.

    I am glad you had a lovely time .. .. and plenty of sangria!! Hic!!!

    Your villa looked like my kind of place.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how yummy! Absolutely beautiful, welcome home!

    Blessings, Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous pictures, makes me want to go! You'll have to make some layouts now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! I cannot believe the color of that water! Just breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x