Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 11 July 2014

Goodbye Tension.....

 Here's a fun idea for a retirement card using punched shapes.......



You could easily turn it into a female card - a ribbon bikini top, and a ribbon turban with a couple of thread ringlets escaping from it. Oh, and a bit of bling! I used a circle punch, stamping up word window punch for the legs, an oval cut with spellbinders, and the glasses are a couple of scallops snipped off a small scalloped circle. I cut the arms freehand



No crafting for me yesterday, I took the day off and had a day out with my sister. We shopped a bit, sat and chatted over coffee a bit, sat and gossiped some more over lunch, then came back home and chatted a bit more in the garden.  As we talk though, it's amazing how human memory differs - you would think that two little girls who went through childhood together would have, roughly, the same memories. Not so. I have very vivid memories of events that my sister has no recollection of, while she remembers events - and people - that make me wonder where on earth I was when all this stuff was going on. How could I forget a woman who we, apparently, thought was a witch? Why do I remember the day we found a dead weasel and insisted on taking it to school for a 'show and tell' - a pretty significant event in my mind, I mean, how many dead weasels have you found in your lifetime? But she can't remember this at all.........although she insists that she can remember coming from my grandmothers house by train to find me in a crib by the side of my mothers bed. She was only three when I was born so this seems a bit remarkable to me - but one thing is for sure, she has now known me longer than any other person on this earth, and we still enjoy a good chat together, even if our memories are a bit fragmented! See you tomorrow x

12 comments:

  1. Adorable card. So many things can be made with shapes like this, I just need to be shown, I don't have the talent of seeing them without an example.
    I remember things differently than my brothers do too. But my hubby and his sister take the cake, you'd think they grew up in different families. Hubby remembers everything and his sis gets a total blank. Guess sometimes we just retain what we find important. Too funny about the weasel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever use of all those different punches & dies. I am 9 years older than my sister but we are really close & love doing the coffee and chat routine. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is adorable! I don't have any sisters, but totally agree with the different memories; I can't imaging forgetting a dead weasel for show & tell! BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohh, that's a good idea for a body. I'll have to give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, love the way you put it together with punches... who would have thought to do that... of course Enfys!

    It's great to hear about your visit with your sister, mine visits are much the same with my two sisters. Always a good time, always a lot of laughing going on and always have a warm fuzzy!

    Have a great day and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maryellen WebberFriday, July 11, 2014

    What a great card, very creative use of the punches. I loved you commentary about you are your sister's memories. At 45 years old, I still wish I had a sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fabulous! Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card it's so cute, and such a fun sentiment, well done.

    Oh and I would add I've never found a weasel dead or alive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card Enfys.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - makes me feel relaxed just looking at it :)

    How nice to spend time with your sister like that, I have 3 older ones but I live in Wales, one is in Bolton, one in Cornwall and the other - the only one I see regularly - is in Saddleworth. We never have time to go out shopping/gossiping (very different tastes anyway) but we do tend to go have meals at each other's houses and manage a catch-up then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is too cute!! lol, it's good to know that my hubby isn't the only one that grew up in a different house from his brother

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Enfys. Just shows what can be made with just a few basic shapes. Loved your story about the weasel. I guess we all just remember different things dependant on how important we felt it at the time.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x