Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Texture, texture and a bit more texture....

 A simple little card today, but it's loaded with texture......


I found my DCWV burlap stack - the relief was overwhelming! I just cut a wide strip then snipped the end into a banner. The leaves were cut from the gauze pad, also DCWV, and the flower is one of the lovely ones that my pal Carol gave me when we met up in Orlando in March. The background was done with a embossabilities embossing folder, and the sentiment..........



well, the sentiment is my long awaited shadowpress embossing folder by Tim Holtz. The shadowpress shows up quite well on some coloured card (I haven't had much time to play around with them yet), but for this white card I wanted a bit more definition and just inked the debossed bit with a distress marker (antique linen)


and I fitted in a quick trip to Hobbycraft to stock up on some stuff that I need to make Christmas projects for design teams, just the thing you want to be doing on the hottest day of the year!


and some chipboard boxes and letters, already with a coat of gesso....


Later this morning we are heading to the station to catch a train down to London for a rather fabulous treat - a Father's day surprise for Mike, so we have been looking forward to it for a few weeks. We are staying on Park Lane in a very swanky hotel, and going to a show tonight. Expect photos! I'll be back tomorrow with a peek at some of the samples I made for the Create and Craft Craftwork Cards shows, on tomorrow, I think the first show is at 8 a m, be sure to check your schedules, there's some very gorgeous stuff on there....

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love that burlap "paper" I have a 6x6 pad of it and I'm going to have to use this card for some inspiration. I just love it.
    Have a wonderful time on your little trip!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kewl is this love the burlap paper :) and how it holds the flowers rolled edges up tfs hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my burlap and gauze papers, thanks Kath for letting me know about them, this is such a great way of using them too. Have fun in London x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burlap paper?! Really?! That stuff on your card looks so real and your new shadowpress sentiments look pretty amazing too! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Enfys. I love the colours. I've had a play with the DCWV Burlap and it is great - didn't know about the gauze.

    Have a super evening.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't envy you shopping yesterday. The heat made me so ill I had a pounding headache with it and felt sick. I had to sit down and stay down for hours. I like the sound of burlap paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous card Enfys as always beautiful design and full of lots of lovely details x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Enfys, that burlap paper is fab! Enjoy your trip to London, look forward to hearing about it. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I love the look of the burlap! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Fathers Day Mike! Very pretty card En. Glad you found your DCWV stacks. Hope you both enjoyed your evening. Hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love the burlap embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those shadow wotnot embossed sentiments. Too hot to think here as well, but love the card. Have a fab time in Londinium

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Enfys. Love all the texture. Hope you have a good trip.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another amazingly creative card Enfys. I love love love the great textures and your use of burlap. Back when I was a child, my parents use to purchase potatoes in huge bags ... we called them "gunny sacks", and they were made of burlap. I would never have believed that something so beautiful could have been made from those ugly things. Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x