Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Monday 13 April 2015

Quilters Templates

 I had never heard of these plastic template sheets, marked with a grid pattern until I saw a discussion on a Facebook page about using them with the MISTI. So I ordered some from Amazon, and cut them up to fit the new flavour of the month tool, the MISTI. But I had some left over........


So I used a Spellbinders die to cut out a circle.......


and taped this over my cardstock - it makes a perfect stencil for sponging circles (or squares/ovals etc), and when you have finished, you just wipe it clean.....


and here is the finished card. I used a Clearly Besotted stamp from a set called Friends Forever and just coloured in the bottom half of the stamp, letting the sponged circle be the star of the show. 



I have a little notebook that I carry around with me, and while I am sitting with a coffee I whip it out and jot down anything that strikes me as funny/strange/bizarre to share with you later. Can I find it? Nowhere to be seen,
vanished, pouff, gone..... I probably left it on the table at the coffee shop, so somewhere, someone is sitting and scratching their heads over my very random notes and jottings - they probably think it belongs to some crazy demented person with a vivid imagination. They could be right

See you tomorrow x

22 comments:

  1. Well, if you see a new fiction novel out in a few months based on your musings, you'll know that the person who found them knew a valuable thing when they saw it. Beautiful card today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to look at Joann's for the template....Luv the card you design and would make a great video to show the steps on how you made the card...
    Hmmmm as for the little notebook...who ever picked it up will probably go back to the coffee shop just to see who will claim it...thinking it's in code and it's valuable info... luv mysteries lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. Simple and gorgeous.
    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Enfys - hope your notebook turns up.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea on making the templete ... what a fabulous card you've made using it. Love the colors, they blend together so soft and beautifully. I also like the way you stamped on and off the circle ... the image looks as though the bottom section has soaked in the colors from the circle on it's own. Now, as to your notebook ... I do hope you find it. I makes me sad to think of your wonderfully whimsical ramblings being in the hands of a random stranger who would likely have no comprehension of the true treasure they had stumbled upon. I am guessing that you did not have your name and phone number in the book? If so, it may still be returned. If not, well ... perhaps it will be something to consider adding to your next book ... just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Hope the notebooks shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing the ideas with the plastic grids. I hope you find your coffee shop saved it for you. Lol not crazy... maybe just a bit weird LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! I definitely need to make a stencil with a circle & oval cut out for this technique!! Thanks for the tip! Hysterical about your notebook! If you frequent that shop a lot, they may know it belongs to you & save it for you...after reading it of course..LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your tips and this stunning card! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maryellen WebberMonday, April 13, 2015

    Another pretty floral card, love the blended colors. I hope you find your notebook, I keep one for all the books I want to read. I lost it for a while and went a little crazy looking for it. It turned up when I was cleaning up my son's toys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely idea - so effective with the partial colouring

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to find these quilting templates for my MISTI. Your card is lovely, and I hope you find your notebook soon. It would be a shame to loose all of those funny thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful clean and simple design Enfys. I love the delicate colouring of the circle, so very effective. I would LOVE to find your notebook and read it, I think inside your head would be a great place to be for a while! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, that sounds like a 'Do Not Disturb.....Already Disturbed' moment!! What a lark. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and I love the colours of the sponged circle. Xsharonx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea - lovely, soft and delicate shading for the card. I do hope you find your notebook soon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card. The coloring is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you're a genius Enfys, how does your brain work!! This is just gorgeous. Had to laugh about the notebook, it will be entertaining someone as we speak lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab idea and an absolutely gorgeous card! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x