Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Art in Action

I thought you would enjoy seeing photos taken at Art in Action - a huge summer exhibition of all sorts of art, held at Waterperry Gardens in Oxfordshire. So many talented people were exhibiting, from potters........



 I loved this huge bird bath......


Artists who work with glass........


Artists who work with beads - can you believe that this portrait of Alan Turning (inventor of the Enigma machine in WW2) is made entirely of beads!





Artists who compose pictures using fabric and thread.........




and these next two were Batik......read the description of the process below, and marvel at the talent that created these pieces......




and fabric....


These scarves were made from silk organza and were all hand wired to create the ruffled shape - can you imagine how long that would take! 



and no, I didn't buy anything - the prices reflected the quality of the work and craftmanship, but I mentally spent about £200,000! I hope you enjoyed my little 'Summer Exhibition' today, see you tomorrow x

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, such beautiful pieces of art! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, each and every piece. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous pieces of art ... such creative talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryellen WebberThursday, July 21, 2016

    Amazing art work!! Thanks for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such beautiful pieces. Looks like a great day out. Hope you're well Hun. Hugsx X X. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The art work is soooo beautifully done!!! Thank you so much for share your adventures with us....this is how I see the world thru others....lol and not so costly..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous collection of artwork. You must have had a lovely time enjoying all this creativity.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures Enfys. My sort of day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ====
    I'm glad i finally found what i was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x