Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 20 January 2017

Sewing - for Daring Cardmakers

So the dare over at Daring Cardmakers this week is SEWING, I had a couple of ideas for this one.......


All these plans included getting the sewing machine up and running - but in the end, laziness prevailed, and I resorted to a bit of hand stitching. I did use the MFT stitched background die and the flower is by Clearly Besotted. I did a few ink splatters as well to break up the white



Do go over and get some inspiration from the design team, and I dare you to join us.....

12 comments:

  1. Pretty card, like that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gorgeous card has such a Spring time feel. I love the colours and all your clever little touches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fresh look of your card Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  4. How different we are, I'm too lazy to handstitch. But also too lazy to put my sewing machine away, lol. It's in constant use, but only for papercrafting though. I think it looks lovely, yellow and white are beautiful together, I think they're perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely Enfys, I do like stitching on cards but I almost never think to do it! I have an old sewing machine always set up ready in my craft room too - absolutely no excuses!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh how lovely and different l love the flower and the border effect so beautifully presented and lovely sentiment too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fresh-looking card and the background "stitches" add just the right interest to the white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm feeling your pain. LOL! Every now n then I get grand ideas about breaking out moms old machine. But I talk myself out of it easy enough. Right now I'm crocheting a cover for my Sweetie's daughter, who is having her first child. Its a boy! So as long as I'm wrapped in yarn, there's not enuf room for that n paper play too. I love the hand stitching!
    Hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. A truly happy and gorgeous card! :D I love the contrast of the different stitch styles and the hand-stitched border. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x