Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 8 September 2017

Bookworms - for Daring Cardmakers

Today, over on Daring Cardmakers, the challenge is Literacy. So I used these cute stamps from Clearly Besotted to make some bookmarks. I made them a double layer, held together with a decorative staple, so that one layer slips behind the page you want to mark...... 












The little bookworms were easy to colour - nothing
fancy needed, I added some glossy accents to the
glasses, which doesn't show up in the photos  


Be sure to pop over to the Daring Cardmakers blog to see all the fabulous creations the design team have come up with

My reading habits have changed dramatically in the past couple of years. I used to haunt charity shop for paperbacks, now I am totally wedded to my Kindle. I probably read a book a week, usually two or three chapters last thing at night before I go to sleep. I have always been a big reader, and feel happy that my kids all love reading for pleasure as adults. 

What about you? Paperback or electronic?


8 comments:

  1. Loving the cute bookmarks Enfys 😀 I'm a kindle person, but on the iPad now since my kindle died which has the advantage of being backlit. I subscribe to many cheap/free book emails to keep costs down as I read fast and have The Fear of running out of books

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super-cute En, love them! I still like the feel of a "real" book, can't get comfy with an electronic device!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clever bookmark - what a great idea.
    I love listening to audiobooks, it appeals to my why do one thing if you can do two at the same time habit and I love crafting while listening to a good story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. I've never thought of that. Can you listen to a book (that seems strange to write and say lol) on a kindle do you know?

      Delete
  4. I love bookmarks as much as reading! I try to use the library the most, but they don't always have my favorite authors so my Kindle gets used quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am wedded to my Kindle! But I still visit the library occasionally. I often read a couple of chapters before going to sleep. Sometimes I have two books going at once! Low the bokeh marks! Thanks for sharing. Hus, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cute bookmarks! Wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to scoure all our charity shops and car boots for books till hubby bought me a kindle for Christmas a good few years ago. It took me a while to get into the kindle as I loved reading paper books! I perciveared though as the kindle is lit up and I can change the brightness as not to disturb hubby at night. I wouldn't be without my kindle now. Love your bookmarks by the way 😀

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x