Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 26 January 2018

Masked Magic - for Daring Cardmakers

This week, over on Daring Cardmakers, the challenge is masking....I kept it fairly simple and stamped this little group of tigers (MFT stamps), while they were covered with their masks, I sponged a bit of colour onto the background, and decided to stamp the Grr and Roar sentiments around the frame. There was a bit of a gap on the bottom left side of the frame, so I stamped a little leaf and cut it out to fill the gap. They were coloured with Polychromos pencils (a medium I am still getting used to, but enjoying playing with them)





I always think there is something a bit magical about masking - stamp a little tiger, cover him with a mask, and stamp mum and dad tigers behind him. When the masks are removed it's always a bit of a surprise to see them all sitting together in a little group! Or is that just me? Do pop over to see what the rest of the team have come up with this week



5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card! LOVE it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Enfys. An adorable image and I love how you've put the words around the frame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Wish you could teach me how to do masking, I haven't mastered this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just like you Enfys, masking is magic! You never truly know what you are going to see when you unpeel that mask and 9 times out of 10 you are not disappointed! I've not yet done more fiddly masking to group stamped images together (I hate fussy cutting) but should dig out some simpler shaped stamps to give it a go as the end result, as showcased by your gorgeous card, is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x